New Principal for 2018
The Board of Immanuel Christian School is truly delighted to announce that God has provided us with a full-time principal starting August 1, 2018. We extend a warm welcome to Tom Deelstra, his wife Melissa, and their four young children.
Here is a welcome from Mr. Deelstra as he looks forward to joining us soon.
Greetings! It is with joy and thanksgiving to the Lord that I am able to use this space to introduce myself and to welcome you to Immanuel Christian School. My family and I are looking forward to joining ICS for the 2018/2019 school year. As the incoming principal, I am excited to join you in this next chapter of the school’s story.
I want to share with you some of my first impressions of Immanuel Christian School.
- ICS is a welcoming community – Staff, board members and students were quick to greet our family and make us feel comfortable in our time at ICS.
- ICS is a caring community – Our two oldest daughters will be students at ICS in the fall. Their classes have already reached out to them in the form of letters and pictures sent in the mail. Our girls felt so welcomed and excited to meet their new classmates!
- ICS is a hospitable community – In our visit to Immanuel, we enjoyed potluck meals with the staff and board members. We’ve had families reach out to welcome us to PEI, offer to host us, offer to help us house search or to answer any questions we have about life on the East Coast. We’ve been blessed by these kind gestures!
- ICS is an innovative community – From the design of the building to the learning happening in the classrooms, I’ve been so impressed by ICS’s commitment to fostering educational excellence. ICS truly cares about its students and helping them reach their full potential as image-bearers of Christ.
- ICS is a prayerful community – Prayer is central to how ICS operates. Staff, students, board members, parents and friends of the school pray intentionally for the school and the needs of the community. Immanuel is distinctly Christian, and prayer is integral to the school abiding in Christ.
Welcoming, caring, hospitable, innovative, prayerful – these are the words that resonate with me as I think about ICS. I hope they resonate with you as well. As you read through this website and as you spend time in our school, my prayer is that you will be blessed by the culture and community of Immanuel Christian School. I look forward to seeing you in the new school year!